Nbr. 26, January 2010
> SIGN UP FREE
- Introducing Inroads 26.
- The new Italy: Canada has become the most dysfunctional of the stable democracies.
- The offence of atheism.
- Listening to Obama--or not.
- The hubris of the public intellectual.
- Religion, ethics and schools: is Quebec's new Ethics and Religious Culture course a step toward mutual respect, or a new state religion?
- Imposed from above: the Ethics and Religious Culture program violates the tenets of Quebec's existing shared public culture.
- Education for pluralism: a challenge for today's Quebec.
- Seeking the truth about Quebec's economy.
- Quebec is fairer: there is less poverty and less inequality in Quebec.
- The inequality surge: changes in the family life course are the main cause.
- Quebec: equitable yes, sustainable no.
- Good politics, bad policy: drug prohibition ignores science, compassion, experience and logic.
- A likeable campaign pamphlet--and a bit more.
- Lord Stern's stern deal.
- Canada on the world stage: can we move beyond the foreign policy of good intentions?
- Clash of civilizations in Europe: is Europe losing the battle, or are there grounds for hope?
- Dissident Muslims, dissonant times: a window into the politics of Islamic reform.