Vol. 11 Nbr. 2, February 2007
> SIGN UP FREE
- Clicking you into 2007 with new Click U. offerings; Our goals: to help your organization and to help you advance your career through cost-effective online learning.
- 25 films added to national registry.
- IMLS calls for 2007 Leadership Grant applications.
- Physics-Astronomy-Mathematics Division names international winner: updates on the information profession--and SLA.
- Subscription agency wins service honor.
- Check out this site for the scoop on publishers: or shop for a better cell phone plan, compare product notes on new products, or look into retirement plan options.
- 7 ways to improve your resource bank: effective management of your organization's information assets can get you answers more quickly, save staff time, and preserve institutional memory.
- PPG info pro recalls past, looks to future.
- How to keep the audience awake and learning.
- There is no "I" in team: or how I learned to appreciate my co-workers who don't live and die by their to-do lists.
- 15 minutes a day: a personal learning management strategy; Set some goals, play with new Web sites and services, learn about new technologies--it'll make you a better information professional.
- Bargaining for information? Here's how to get what you need.
- Working with boards effectively is an important management role: be quick, be concise, be considerate--and be sure to manage expectations.
- Coming events.
- How do SLA member salaries compare with those of colleagues in other associations? Info pros in the North America--and the U.S., in particular--tend to earn more than their colleagues in the U.K.