Vol. 49 Nbr. 5, May 2019
> SIGN UP FREE
- DOL redefines what counts in 'regular rate'.
- EEOC charges down overall, but harassment claims soar.
- Employees cannot opt out of FMLA leave.
- When to file criminal charges against fired staff.
- EEOC tactic: Force law-breaking employers to create an HR department.
- The Friday-Monday Leave Act: FMLA can't be used to create long weekends.
- Don't assume disability because of prescription.
- Have a hotline? Take all complaints seriously.
- Medical marijuana? Not if it's self-prescribed.
- Never assume a pregnant workers' abilities.
- Welcome aboard, never mind! Document why offer rescinded.
- Workplace fight? OK to punish based on severity of injuries.
- Documenting rule breaking: 3 core principles.
- Want to make sure discipline sticks? Track and document details of incidents.
- LEAP 2019: The Top 10 Lessons for HR.
- How to plan for succession without triggering age-bias lawsuits.
- The HR I.Q. Test.
- 5 steps to managing employee-owned cellphones at work.
- Smartphones, but dumb mistakes: Avoid the most common FLSA & safety risks.
- The Mailbag.