Vol. 49 Nbr. 2, February 2019
> SIGN UP FREE
- A kiss to get your paycheck? Prepare to pay much more.
- Harassment claim? Give boss a 3-phrase script.
- Online portal leads to 30% jump in job-bias complaints.
- Remind managers: No health-cost comments.
- Where focus safety efforts to avoid most costly injuries?
- 4 ways to make your hiring blind to discrimination.
- A great way to thwart hiring-bias lawsuits: Retain all your notes from interviews.
- 3.2 million reasons to get employee classifications right.
- Boss seeks 'younger direction,' gets directed to court, instead.
- Employee won't sign review? Note it, but don't sign for him.
- Ignoring pay complaint = 'willful' violation.
- Pink slips for union backers: a $775k mistake.
- Pregnancy bias training: Make it idiot-proof.
- Fired for getting married: Does that count as sex discrimination?
- UPS delivers $4.9 million lesson on adapting grooming rules for religion.
- 1-9 audits & worksite raids spiked in 2018: What's next and how should you prepare?
- Could 'veganism' be a new protected class?
- Make lactation space (and breaks) a priority.
- Report: Average sexual harassment settlement is $24k.
- Stop a crime, lose your job: What's your policy?
- Wage lawsuits fall, but still near historical highs.
- More employers easing hiring standards: Just keep it consistent.
- The HR I.Q Test.
- Compensation during inclement weather: To pay or not to pay.
- Employee fired after not accepting suspension: Now he wants to come back--what can we say?