Vol. 33 Nbr. 4, August - August 2017
- This is your GFOA.
- Alternative investments and public pensions.
- State general fund spending remains sluggish.
- States grapple with weaker than projected tax receipts.
- Report looks at economic development basics.
- Meet GFOA's new executive director, Chris Morrill.
- GFOA's 2017 Annual Conference in Denver.
- Recapping the 2017 annual conference.
- GFOA awards 2017 scholarships.
- Institutional design principles for sustainable communities.
- Legitimacy in decision making: increasing voter approval of municipal bonds.
- CalPERS: a plan for reigning in risk.
- Text analysis: a simple "big data" tool for local government.
- The state of employer-sponsored health care and how Washington could change it.
- Accounting for capital assets.
- The nuanced new world of economic development incentives.