Vol. 12 Nbr. 2, April 1996
- A capital idea: linking the operating and capital budgets in Rockville, Maryland.
- A framework for implementation of diversity initiatives: the case of Edmonton, Alberta.
- Helping citizens understand budget decisions: the City of Fort Worth's budget guide and simulator diskette.
- Increases in states' health benefit costs on the decline.
- Investor and dealer responsibilities in securities transactions: when is redress for loss warranted?
- Reengineering: looking sideways at the finance function.
- SEC actions in Orange County investigation: misstatements and omissions alleged in the disclosure material for offerings of more than $2.1 billion in municipal securities.
- Tax-exempt financing in the President's budget.
- Technology: a challenging tool for improved government effectiveness.
- White elephants: why some large projects fail.