Vol. 50 Nbr. 2, February 2018
> SIGN UP FREE
- IFA2018: Building Franchising's Future, Together.
- FRANCHISING GIVES BACK.
- Top 5 PEOPLE ON THE MOVE.
- FANmail RECAP: KEEPING YOU INFORMED ON FRANCHISING ISS.
- Introducing Incoming IFA Chair Liam Brown.
- HALL OF FAME AWARD.
- ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR AWARD.
- BONNIE LEVINE AWARD.
- RONALD E. HARRISON DIVERSITY AWARD.
- FOUNDATION AWARDS.
- CFE AWARDS.
- Spotlight On: Mary Heitman IFA Foundation President.
- Climbing the Ladder: 3 Lessons From a Franchisee-to-CEO: A powerful benefit of franchising is that it serves as an incubator to develop talented business professionals rapidly. The skills needed to run a successful franchise can differ from those needed to be successful as a franchisor.
- Why Giving Back is Critical to Franchise Success: For Firehouse Subs founders, giving back is the way they like to do business. Since its inception, the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation has provided more than $29 million for lifesaving equipment to first responders.
- Post-Closing Liquidity Versus Liquidity: Why They Are Equally Important: To succeed in business today, it is necessary to expect the unexpected.
- Setting International Franchise Fees: Going international? Be prepared to make difficult decisions because you'll find little hard data and scant industry knowledge about setting fees.
- Treating Your Employees Right: Improving Retention Rates: A 'culture of care' at your workplace can increase employee retention and reduce the costs of a continual recruit-train-replace cycle.
- Open, Honest Feedback is the 'Secret Sauce' for Sustainable Brand Growth: Will 2018 be the year your franchise achieves sustainable brand growth through franchisee engagement and satisfaction?
- Making the Jump: Generating Lower-Cost, Higher-Quality Leads: Build your own franchise development lead channel.
- IFA Task Force Secures FASB Provision for Franchisors: Federal Accounting Standards Board acts on task force concerns about the recognition of initial franchise fees, which posed an existential threat to franchisors, and particularly emerging brands.
- How Franchising Avoided the Worst of the FASB Storm: An IFA task force saved franchisors money with the FASB decision, and potentially much more in negative business impacts with prospective franchisees, unhappy franchisees and regulators.
- Joint Employer Breakthroughs Follow IFA, Industry Campaigns: Positive developments with joint employer in recent weeks have franchise businesses feeling more certain for 2018.
- REPORT CARD: IFA's political action committee, FranPAC, supports pro-franchise, pro-business candidates for U.S. Congress.
- WELCOME New IFA Members.