EarthTalk: Questions & Answers About Our Environment. A Weekly Column
- Earth Action Network, Inc.
- Publication date:
- COPYRIGHT TV Trade Media, Inc.<br/>COPYRIGHT GALE, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.
- Dear EarthTalk: how is it that antibiotics are being "overused," as I've read, and what are the potential consequences?
- Dear EarthTalk: what's the skinny on fat these days? I saw a major magazine cover image recently that was suggesting fat wasn't so bad for us after all?
- Dear EarthTalk: What is the 'Dirty Dozen Guide to Food Additives?'.
- Dear EarthTalk: Are there still outspoken global warming deniers in Congress or the mainstream media?
- Dear EarthTalk: what is biochar and how can it help reduce my carbon footprint?
- Do you have any tips for helping me get my kids involved in environmental protection advocacy?
- Dear Earthtalk: I've heard that the price of getting solar panels installed on a home is lower than ever, but has it gotten to the point anywhere in the U.S. where it's actually cheaper than traditional grid power yet?
- Dear EarthTalk: I know that some large buildings filter some of their wastewater to irrigate exterior landscaping.
- Dear Earthtalk: what are the potential health and environmental impacts of so many genetically engineered organisms in our food supply?
- Dear EarthTalk: is it true that global warming is causing our crops to be less nutritious?
- Dear EarthTalk: a recent study showed that Bisphenol A (BPA) was hardly the human health risk researchers once believed it to be.
- Dear Earthtalk: I've heard that, above and beyond our bad eating and lifestyle habits, some chemicals in everyday products are contributing to the obesity problem. Can you explain?
- Dear EarthTalk: What are the big delivery companies like FedEx and UPS doing to green their truck fleets and operations in general?
- Dear Earthtalk: What is the 'de-extinction' movement all about?
- Dear EarthTalk: Diesel exhaust from trucks, buses, large ships and farm equipment is especially unhealthy.
- Dear EarthTalk: I understand that there are a number of bills before Congress right now that seek to turn over public lands to destructive commercial and recreational activity.
- Dear EarthTalk: I'm looking for the best places to search for green jobs but am having trouble locating them on traditional job search sites.
- Dear EarthTalk: I understand that pet cats prey on lots of birds and other 'neighborhood' wildlife, but isn't it cruel to force felines to live indoors only?
- Dear EarthTalk: If 'cap and trade' has worked so well in Europe for reducing greenhouse gas emissions there, why haven't we tried something similar here in the U.S.?
- Dear EarthTalk: is there a way to get local communities involved in cleaning up waterways, like rivers, lakes, streams and creeks?