Vol. 75 Nbr. 4, October 2008
- The lawyer as a facilitator.
- Calendar of meetings.
- IADC tenets of professionalism.
- Pay discrimination claims after Ledbetter.
- Ethics and electronic discovery: new medium, same problems.
- Tort reform in America: abrogating the collateral source rule across the states.
- Frederico v. Home Depot: the Third Circuit clarifies the removal burden for CAFA defendants, but is the burden still too high?
- Picking juries: questionnaires and beyond.
- The test for causation in Canada: but for, but ... maybe not.
- Don't get mad, get even: practical strategies for dealing with retaliation claims by the plaintiff-employee.
- Qui tam revisited: potential expansion of the False Claims Act.
- Deciding where to arbitrate creates significant jurisdictional issues with respect to the enforcement or attack of an arbitration award.
- Assignability of professional negligence claims: look for collusion.
- Reviewing the law reviews.