Vol. 86 Nbr. 12, December 2006
> SIGN UP FREE
- Happenings at October governing Council meeting.
- AICPA annual report for 2005-2006 posted to Web site.
- AICPA volunteers needed--applications accepted until May 1.
- Members warned about calls from "AICPA vice president" looking for CPAs' names, credit card information.
- Profession's top tax award goes to Michael E. Mares.
- Public meeting notices.
- Start here. Go places. Wins gold and silver at 2006 Ozzie Awards.
- "Women to Watch" Awards given to female CPAs in Illinois, New Mexico.
- AICPA members can now access business continuity planning resources at discounted rates.
- Disciplinary actions.
- AICPA addresses taxpayer burden estimates with IRS for upcoming tax season.
- FIN 48 becomes effective December 15; AICPA offers helpful guidance.
- Tax Talk Today[R] October web cast provides insight into year-end employment tax preparation.
- Accounting for Income Taxes--Applying SFAS No. 109/FIN 48: a whole new ballgame!(CPE news) (Brief article)
- Applying COSO Guidance for Smaller Public Companies Reporting on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting.
- Forensics and Financial Fraud: Real World Issues and Answers.
- GASB publishes comprehensive implementation guide for 2006-2007.
- GASB seeks comments on fund balance reporting, governmental fund type definitions.
- Risk Assessment Standards--Understanding the Entity and Assessing Risk.
- IRS issues guidance on appraisal requirements for non-cash charitable contributions of property.