Vol. 35 Nbr. 1, March - March 2010
> SIGN UP FREE
- Psychological and social characteristics of juvenile offenders with serious mental and behavioral disorders.
- Perceptions of sexual harassment on the inside.
- Corrections calendar.
- Canada sees female incarceration rate double.
- Supreme Court rules on two corrections cases.
- Youth prisons close across the nation.
- Correctional budgets.
- Between June 2008 and June 2009, the U.S. jail population declined by 2.3 percent, a decline of 17,936 inmates.
- During the past 20 years, the suicide rate in county jails has decreased nearly threefold, from 107 suicides per 1,000 inmates in 1986 to 38 per 100,000.
- Kansas, Michigan, New Jersey and New York reduced their prison populations between 5 and 20 percent since 1999 without any increases in crime.
- Nine out of 10 people in the Baltimore City Jail are awaiting trial and have not been found guilty of the current offense: the national average is two-thirds.
- The Nir School: training the next generation of Israeli Prison staff.
- How Offenders Transform Their Lives.
- Mentoring in the Criminal Justice Professions: Conveyance of the Craft.