Vol. 34 Nbr. 1, March 2009
> SIGN UP FREE
- The effects of setting, analyses and probation status.
- Inmate reentry and the utility of the LSI-R in case planning.
- Prison nurseries: a pathway to crime-free futures.
- Gangs/security threat groups.
- Corrections calendar.
- Hispanics made up 40 percent of all federal offenders in 2007 as a result of growth in illegal immigration and increased enforcement of immigration laws.
- In 2008, 17 states enacted sentencing and corrections reforms in the areas of drug policy, parole revocation, racial justice, felony disenfranchisement, juvenile justice and higher education in prison.
- More than 7.3 million men and women were either in prison or jail or on probation or parole at year-end 2007.
- The number of minor children with a parent in prison increased 82 percent between 1991 and 2007, to 1.7 million.
- A Comprehensive Study of Female Offenders: Life Before, During, and After Incarceration.
- Initiative addresses truancy in Washington state.
- States look to cut costs.
- Virginia copes with older inmates.
- Coming of age: the International Corrections and Prisons Association.
- Continuing education home--study quiz.