Vol. 16 Nbr. 2, July 2018
> SIGN UP FREE
- Competitiveness in the Cognitive Economy: Rethinking the Knowledge Worker.
- Employee Rights and Justice in the Employment Relationship--A Competitiveness Perspective.
- Maternal Advertising Attitudes and Communication Patterns: A Cross - Cultural Examination.
- Managerial Competency: Putting the Missing Link to Employee Loyalty.
- Enough? When is a Corporation at Risk of Outstripping its Core Competencies?
- Manufacturing Operations: Sexual Harassment, Morality, and Frontline Employees.
- Acculturation Strategies of Asian-Americans.
- Corporate Slavery: Does It Still Exist?
- Can a Nobel Prize Save Marketing? - A Social Value Approach.
- Academic Dishonesty of MBA Students.
- Cultivating Employees Using Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
- Personality Testing by Employers: Balancing the Need for Qualified Workers with Individual Rights.
- Leadership and Management Theories and Bridging the Gap between these Theories--A Literature Review.
- Level of Education and Family Dynamics among Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Business Owners in the Case of Arlington County, VA.
- Management of Organizational Change Through the Capitalization of Knowledge.
- Growth and Financial Performance in the Communications Sector and the Service Sector in Mexico.
- Patent Infringement: Defensive Strategies for IP Violators.
- Predicting Professional Competencies Using Measures of Psychological Capital and Psychological Ownership.
- Subjective Norms and Demographic Background on E-payment Behavior in Cote d'Ivoire.
- Transformation of Education and Teaching in Higher Degree with The Trilogy; Icts, Face to Face Modality and Professional Practices, In The UDG, Mexico.
- A Revised Model that Enhances CRM Operations for a Shipping Line Company: A Case Study.