Vol. 38 Nbr. 2, April - April 2011
> SIGN UP FREE
- A letter from the president of CaGIS.
- Introduction to papers from the AutoCarto 2010 Conference.
- Is there a need for neo-cartography?
- Reaching a compromise between contextual constraints and cartographic rules: application to sustainable maps.
- Card sorting for cartographic research and practice.
- Establishing classification and hierarchy in populated place labeling for multiscale mapping for the national map.
- Terrain generalization with multi-scale pyramids constrained by curvature.
- Hydrographic generalization tailored to dry mountainous regions.
- Ontology patterns for complex topographic feature types.
- Fuzzy modeling of geometric textures for identifying archipelagos in area-patch generalization.
- A new construction method for circle cartograms.
- Aggregation of 3D buildings using a hybrid data approach.
- Completing fragmentary river networks via induced terrain.
- Supporting automated pen and ink style surface illustration with B-spline models.
- A visual art interface to an embedded sequence of maps.
- Indoortubes: a novel design for indoor maps.
- Planetary map data model for geologic mapping.
- The impact of hurricanes on crime: a spatio-temporal analysis in the city of Houston, Texas.
- Spatio-temporal trends of diarrheal mortality of children in association with hydrographic regions of Brazil.
- Customized visualization of natural hazards assessment results and associated uncertainties through interactive functionality.