Vol. 39 Nbr. 6, June 2019
> SIGN UP FREE
- EAST TO WEST.
- What's the buzz?
- FIFTY SENSE: A LOW-PROFILE GROUP OF MOSTLY MALE TRIANGLE CEOS PROMOTES NETWORKING AND REGIONAL UNITY.
- STAGE PRESENCE.
- S&D'S TRACY GING SPILLS THE BEANS: FOUR CUPS A DAY PERKS UP A FAST-RISING EXECUTIVE OF NORTH CAROLINA'S FAMOUS COFFEE VENDOR.
- DUST BUSTERS: TWO N.C STATE UNIVERSITY DROPOUTS ARE CLEANING UP WITH A SUBSCRIPTION-SERVICE BUSINESS THAT TAKES SOME PAIN OUT OF A TEDIOUS TASK.
- RUNWAY SPENDING.
- RAISING THE BAR.
- LOWE'S SLOW WALK AWAY FROM WILKES.
- MATTERS OF THE HEART: Cardiac care is making great strides in North Carolina, as health care systems improve outreach to rural and urban populations.
- Making an impact.
- AGRICULTURE ADVANCES: Through gene editing, Pairwise Plants is carving out a niche in the growing ag-tech economy.
- SAVING LIVES: Humacyte perfects technology for growing blood vessels from donor cells.
- MANUFACTURING MEDICINE: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals is making its mark in Union County.
- GREENVILLE UPGRADES: Thermo Fisher Scientific's plant is a boon for eastern North Carolina.
- SLOW AND STEADY: With one massive exception, the N.C. banking industry focused on basic blocking and tackling in a growth year for most organizations.
- FINANCIAL 50: LARGEST BANKS AND CREDIT UNIONS BASED IN NORTH CAROLINA.
- MONIED INTERESTS: Twelve financial powerhouses are flooding the states big metro areas with high-paying jobs.
- Creative DESTRUCTION: Seven leaders are raising North Carolina's profile as fintech innovations shake up traditional banking and finance.
- WORK PERKS.
- 2019 marks Old Dominion Freight Line's 85th year in business.
- EDUCATION, INDUSTRY AND AEROSPACE, OH MY! Guilford County's economic growth trends upward with expansions, revitalization and innovative spaces.
- PLAYHOUSE ROCK: POPULARIZED BY ELITE CHARLESTONIANS NEARLY 200 YEARS AGO, TINY FLAT ROCK'S MIX OF CAMPING, THEATERS AND CARL SANDBURG'S AURA MAKE IT A FAVORED MOUNTAIN HANGOUT.