Vol. 90 Nbr. 4, December 2008
> SIGN UP FREE
- Interventions: decentering modernism: art history and avant-garde art from the periphery.
- Response: thoughts on difference in India and elsewhere.
- Response: provincializing modernity: from derivative to foundational.
- Response: belonging to modernism.
- Response: modernism in India: a short history of a blush.
- Interventions: the author replies.
- The body of eve in Andrea Pisano's Creation relief.
- In form we trust: Neoplatonism, the gold standard, and the Machine Art show, 1934.
- The subversion of gravity in Jackson Pollock's abstractions.
- Kara Walker: My Complement, My Enemy, My Oppressor, My Love.
- Cycles of Time and Meaning in the Mexican Books of Fate.
- The Triumph of Modernism: India's Artists and the Avant-Garde.
- Robert Moses and the Modern City: The Transformation of New York.
- Recent Books in the Arts; (April-June 2008).
- Reviews online; (April-June 2008).