Vol. 89 Nbr. 3, September 2007
> SIGN UP FREE
- Interventions: the mediating work of art.
- Response: shifting biographies, shifting temporalities.
- Response: 'Picture Idea' and its cultural dynamics in Northern Song China.
- Response: the mottled discourse of Chinese studies.
- Response: trapped: a Northern Song painting.
- Response: how is the past in the present?
- Interventions: the author replies.
- The Inka married the earth: integrated outcrops and the making of place.
- Visualizing appearance and disappearance: on Caravaggio's London Supper at Emmaus.
- Naive impressions from nature: Millet's readings, from Montaigne to Charlotte Bronte.
- Orient oder Rom? Qajar 'Aryan' architecture and Strzygowski's art history.
- Art and Writing in the Maya Cities, A.D. 600-800: A Poetics of Line.
- Das Bild als Schleier des Unsichtbaren: Asthetische Illusion in der Kunst der fruhen Neuzeit in Italien.
- Making Up the Rococo: Francois Boucher and His Critics.
- A Staggering Revolution: A Cultural History of Thirties Photography.
- The Infinite Line: Remaking Art after Modernism.
- Books received (January-March 2007).
- Addendum: U.S. and Canadian Dissertations, 2006.
- Reviews online January-March 2007.