Vol. 88 Nbr. 3, September 2006
> SIGN UP FREE
- Herri met de Bles's sleeping peddler: an exegetical and anthropomorphic landscape.
- Sex and spirituality in 1500s Rome: Sebastiano del Piombo's martyrdom of Saint Agatha.
- Treasuring the gaze: eye miniature portraits and the intimacy of vision.
- Allan Ramsay's Enlightenment: or, Hume and the patronizing portrait.
- Ingres's studio between history and allegory: Rachel, antiquity, and tragedie.
- Woman with a fan: Paul Gauguin's heavenly Vairaumati--a parable of immortality.
- A newer Protagoras.
- The End of Caravaggio.
- Mutilation and Transformation: Damnatio Memoriae and Roman Imperial Portraiture.
- Pieter Bruegel the Elder's Netherlandish Proverbs and the Practice of Rhetoric.
- Inventions of the Studio, Renaissance to Romanticism.
- Modern German Art for Thirties Paris, Prague, and London: Resistance and Acquiescence in a Democratic Public Sphere.
- Books received January-March 2006.
- Reviews online (February-April 2006).