Vol. 88 Nbr. 1, March 2006
> SIGN UP FREE
- Interventions: the boy in bed: the scene of reading in N. C. Wyeth's Wreck of the 'Covenant'.
- Response: romancing the modern: Nemerov, Wyeth, and the limits of American art history.
- Response: seeing and reading N. C. Wyeth and Robert Louis Stevenson.
- Response: on subliminal iconography.
- Response: on feminine phantoms: mother, child, and woman-child.
- The author replies.
- Visual formula and meaning in Neo-Assyrian relief sculpture.
- The natural history of man and the politics of medical portraiture in Manchester.
- Photography by other means? The engravings of Ferdinand Gaillard.
- On the limits of empathy.
- Freud's Moses of Michelangelo: Vasari, photography, and art historical practice.
- Raphael in Early Modern Sources 1483-1602.
- Words for Pictures: Seven Papers on Renaissance Art and Criticism.
- The Papacy and the Art of Reform in Sixteenth-Century Rome: Gregory XIII's Tower of the Winds in the Vatican.
- Casta Painting: Images of Race in Eighteenth-Century Mexico.
- Rembrandt: Portraits in Print.
- Orientalism and Visual Culture: Imagining Mesopotamia in Nineteenth-Century Europe.
- Prosthetic Gods.
- Books received (August-September 2005).
- Reviews online September-October 2005.