Vol. 86 Nbr. 1, March 2004
> SIGN UP FREE
- Water sprites and ancestor spirits: reading the architecture of Jinci.
- Judas and the Franciscans: perfidy pictured in Lorenzetti's Passion cycle at Assisi.
- From Ovid's Cecrops to Rubens's City of God in The Finding of Erichthonius.
- Signs of identity in Lady with a Fan by Diego Velazquez: costume and likeness reconsidered.
- L'affaire Greuze and the sublime of history painting.
- Staging language: Milca Mayerova and the Czech book Alphabet.
- Claes Oldenburg's The Street and urban renewal in Greenwich Village, 1960.
- GLORIA FERRARI Figures of Speech: Men and Maidens in Ancient Greece.
- CYNTHIA HAHN Portrayed on the Heart: Narrative Effect in Pictorial Lives of Saints from the Tenth through the Thirteenth Century.
- DAVID FREEDBERG The Eye of the Lynx: Galileo, His Friends, and the Beginnings of Modern Natural History.
- MICHAEL FRIED Menzel's Realism: Art and Embodiment in Nineteenth-Century Berlin.
- Roger Benjamin Orientalist Aesthetics: Art, Colonialism, and French North Africa, 1880-1930.
- Books received: (August-November 2003).
- Reviews online: (August-November 2003).