Vol. 79 Nbr. 3, September 1997
> SIGN UP FREE
- 'Heroes' and 'whores': the politics of gender in Weimar Antiwar imagery.
- 'One of the Marys...': an interdisciplinary analysis of Michelangelo's Florentine 'Pieta.' (sculpture by Michelangelo)
- Another look at the disappearing Christ: corporeal and spiritual vision in early medieval images.
- Hadrian's Villa and Its Legacy.
- Joseph Ramee: International Architect of the Revolutionary Era.
- Oskar Kokoschka: Die Gemalde 1906-1929.
- Picture Theory: Essays on Verbal and Visual Representation.
- Plans and planning for S. Maria della Salute, Venice.
- Raphael's authorship in the 'Expulsion of Heliodorus.' (interpretation of court painter Raphael's mural)
- The dialectics of decay: rereading the Kantian subject.
- The Landscape of Belief: Encountering the Holy Land in Nineteenth-Century American Art and Culture.
- The Musaeum of Alexandria and the formation of the 'Museum' in eighteenth-century France.