Vol. 57 Nbr. 4, September 2012
> SIGN UP FREE
- From the Executive Director: Al Runnels, CDFM.
- From the National President: Marilyn Thomas.
- Air Force 2012: budgeting in times of limited resources: the United States Air Force aims high in its approach to sustain superlative capabilities in the face of fiscal realities.
- Executing the defense budget during financially stressful times: the Department of Defense financial management community faces a continuing battle to do more with less, and its leaders must find ways to lessen the attendant stress on their workforces.
- Exceptional stewards of resources--the Army's responsibility: focusing on cost management and promoting a culture of trust boils down to five principles defined by the author; but he never said it would be easy. ...
- The Fiscal Triad at the end of mission closing the books on Operations Iraqi Freedom and New Dawn: an account of an orderly fiscal withdrawal from military contingency operations abroad and valuable lessons learned to guide future operations.
- Musings of an appropriation manager: multiple and protracted continuing resolutions in the context of business process maturity: a journey into the morass of continuing resolutions and a pathway using the budget capability self-assessment tool, a maturity model for process improvement.
- Managing today's defense budget downturn successfully: making strategic, smart, and affordable decisions that ultimately lead to achieving critical warfighting capabilities.
- Reflections on my tour in the Pentagon: making the case for the DoD to adopt successful business practices that are commonplace in the industrial sector--it's not as far-fetched as one might think.
- Incentivizing Management of Department of Defense real property revenue: a thought-provoking argument for amending a section of the United States Code.
- The ASMC presents the 2012 essay contest: decreasing, reducing, and lessening combat support redundancy.
- Because that's where the money is!
- Did you know? Sequestration ...
- Future defense obligation authority: a framework for evaluation.
- ASMC social media: by the numbers.
- Ask the expert.
- Test your knowledge: questions & answers.
- Alamo City.
- Fort Knox.
- Fort Meade.
- Pikes Peak.
- San Diego.
- Southern Maryland.
- Tampa Bay.