Vol. 41 Nbr. 9, November 2009
> SIGN UP FREE
- Contest highlights: digital merchandising content.
- Community bank answers economic questions on YouTube videos.
- First Farmers Bank & Trust of Converse, Ind., has agreed to a merger with Central Bank, Russiaville, Ind.
- My Rewards, Wilmington, N.C., is changing its name to Velocity Solutions.
- The mystery of black.
- iPhone app allows wireless remote deposit from retail customers.
- New checking products feature saving component, debit card rewards.
- A radio campaign about customer service.
- Reader's guide.
- Sixty-second radio commercial: call waiting.
- Kids Club/Family Savers Program [category: customer acquisition and retention].
- A common sense annual report for lean times.
- A succinct report for a business audience.
- Receive recognition for your creative work.
- Banking with the enemy.
- Attention editors and reporters! Better media relations: if you want positive coverage of your bank in the local news media, you first need to do your homework and cultivate relationships with key personnel at each newspaper and broadcast station. In other words, treat them the way you would any important customer.
- Time to Tweet? The social media Twitter isn't right for every bank. But if you are interested in instant online interaction with your public, Twitter can be a smart way to get the dialogue started.
- Right pricing: through good pricing practices, you can retain existing customers as well as attract new ones even during times of economic uncertainty.
- Where the industry is headed.
- As costs rise, choose carefully when to use direct mail.
- Social networking as 'unintentional advertising".
- Three co-chairs appointed for marketing network 2009-2010.
- Q and a with ... Angela Truluck.
- ABA's Media Guide to the Nation's Banking Issues.
- Services directory.
- Continuing education quiz.