Vol. 14 No. 2, February 2019
- Don't let disability stop legitimate discipline.
- Pittsburgh jury awards $3 million in bias case.
- Remind staff: Contractors aren't employees.
- Supreme Court could take cases addressing LGBT bias.
- You could be liable for disability bias even if ADA accommodation denial was legitimate.
- Blocking unemployment may not bar litigation.
- Break the FMLA shield: Document when you began considering discipline.
- Don't 'game the system' to favor one race over another.
- Welcome aboard! Never mind! Document why you rescinded job offer.
- Get a jump on compliance with comprehensive handbook review.
- Flu could cost employers $17 billion this season.
- Joint employer liability for Lansdale firm, temp agencies.
- NLRB ruling limits gig workers' right to unionize.
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court tightens data security requirements.
- Social Security Administration no-match letters are back.
- The Mailbag.