HR Specialist: Pennsylvania Employment Law
- Business Management Daily, a division of Capitol Information Group
- Publication date:
- COPYRIGHT TV Trade Media, Inc.<br/>COPYRIGHT GALE, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.
- Pittsburgh jury awards $3 million in bias case.
- Supreme Court could take cases addressing LGBT bias.
- Don't let disability stop legitimate discipline.
- Remind staff: Contractors aren't employees.
- You could be liable for disability bias even if ADA accommodation denial was legitimate.
- Welcome aboard! Never mind! Document why you rescinded job offer.
- Break the FMLA shield: Document when you began considering discipline.
- Don't 'game the system' to favor one race over another.
- Blocking unemployment may not bar litigation.
- Get a jump on compliance with comprehensive handbook review.
- Start 2019 with comprehensive employee handbook review.
- H-1B visa system would be revamped under DHS rule.
- Fed contractor settles, was accused of hiring bias.
- Bill to limit noncompetes considered in Harrisburg.
- No, Title VII doesn't mention marital status, but it can be the basis of a bias claim.
- What to do when you suspect an employee is stealing from you.
- Pennsylvania LGBT employee rights in flux as courts weigh in on bias.
- Flu shots: Seek accommodations if employee refuses vaccine for religious reasons.
- How to legally limit recording devices in the workplace.
- I-9 audits on the rise: What employers can expect from ICE inspectors.