Books and Journals › Procedural Law
- SCOTUS Holds American Pipe Tolling Does Not Apply To Securities Class Action Opt-Out Claims Filed Outside Repose Period: Calpers V. ANZ Securities, Inc.
- Game Over: Supreme Court Delivers Win For Class Action Defendants In Microsoft
- Michigan Supreme Court Clarifies Application Of The Statute Of Limitations To Shareholder Oppression Claims
- You spent how much? Who really cares? Discovery and evidentiary value of an opponent's billing records.
- Saying goodbye to Chevron and Auer? New Developments in the agency deference doctrine.
- Legal citation: which guide should you use and what is the difference?
- The disappearing sixth amendment.
- Supreme Court Decision Alert - May 15, 2017.
- Secondary effects and public morality.
- Revisiting Turner v. Rogers.
- Supreme Court 4/25 Personal Jurisdiction Argument
- Supreme Court: District Court EEOC Subpoena Enforcement Decisions Subject To Abuse Of Discretion
- Supreme Court Decision Alert - April 18, 2017
- Cops and pleas: police officers' influence on plea bargaining.
- What happens if autopsy reports are found testimonial? The next steps to ensure the admissibility of these critical documents in criminal trials.
- The business of personal jurisdiction.
- Florida Supreme Court Rejects More Rigorous Expert Testimony Standard.
- The Fourth Circuit Limits Standing To Bring Data Breach Cases.
- Enforcement Of Foreign Judgments In Florida.
- Class action notice in the digital age.
- 'A radical proposal': the Multidistrict Litigation Act of 1968.
- Commencing litigation against a defendant with international ties? Not so fast - an introduction to an international approach to domestic litigation.
- Structuring pre-plea criminal discovery.
- VAWA 2013's right to appointed counsel in tribal court proceedings - a rising tide that lifts all boats or a procedural windfall for non-Indian defendants?
- Get out, stay out: border patrol settles.
- State responses to the Whren decision.
- Revitalizing the clemency process.
Integrated Justice: Human Rights, Climate Change, and Poverty
Summary. II. The Current Environmental Crisis. A. Water Scarcity. B. Oceans. C. Deforestation/Desertification. D. Urban Migration. E. Energy. F. Food Deficiency. G. Refugees; Warfare. III. Climate Change Impacts and Responses. A. Accelerating the Current Crisis. B. International Climate Change Responses. C. Implications for Developing Countries. D. Implications for Human Rights. IV. Applicable...
Summary Judgment Is Constitutional
This Article demonstrates that and does not violate the Seventh Amendment. Two historical antecedents, used by common-law courts, justify modern summary judgment, trial by inspection and demurrer to the evidence. Trial by inspection, as explained by Blackstone, Coke, and Maitland, allowed a common-law judge to inspect evidence visually and then decide "obvious" cases without ever...
Waiting for the Other Shoe: Hudson and the Precarious State of Mapp
Introduction I. When Bad Things Happen to Good Cases: How Bad Timing Turned a Fourth Amendment Footnote into a Potential Blockbuster A. All According to Plan: Finding Booker T. Hudson, Jr. and the First Argument B. The Reargument: All About Mapp II. Twenty Months of Silence: When (If Ever) Will Mapp Be Tested? A. Why the Court Is Avoiding a Mapp Showdown for Now B. Forcing the Court's Hand: More...