Practicing CPA, The
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Publication date:
- First document:
- Vol. 28 Nbr. 4, May 2004
- Last document:
- Vol. 32 Nbr. 10, December 2008
- COPYRIGHT TV Trade Media, Inc.<br/>COPYRIGHT GALE, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.
- Networking Opportunities for Aicpa Emerging Partner Training Forum Participants
- Next Pcps Practice Management Forum Topic: Sas 112
- Small Business Blog Launched
- Saying 'I Do' to Blogging
- Two Rainmaking Traps to Avoid
- Giving Employees Gifts May Require Giving to the Tax Collector Too
- Managing Employees Who Are Also Family Caregivers
- Pcps Succession Resource Center Content Complete
- Pcps Human Capital Center: New Sections Launched
- Hot Topics Are the Focus at Pcps Practice Management Forums
- Performance Review Anxiety
Most managers do not want to do performance reviews because reviews can cause conflict. The employee may not agree, and the manager may not be well trained in reducing conflict. The second deep-rooted impediment to performance reviews is less obvious. Most employees in a firm - especially new...
- The Aicpa 2008 Top Technology Initiatives
According to the 19th Annual American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' Annual Top Technology Initiatives survey, information security management will be the most important initiative affecting IT strategy, investment, and implementation in business organizations over the next 12 to 18...
- Professional Ethics Issues: Comfort Letter Requests
Recently, AICPA members have contacted the Institute to clarify their professional ethical obligations when asked for "comfort letters" by lenders and mortgage brokers. Attestation Interpretation 2, Responding to Requests for Reports on Matters Relating to Solvency, states that a...
- The Golden Rule: Disclose and Document
Clients typically rely on their CPA to stay on top of tax issues and inform them of any important changes. Two areas of particular concern are tax amnesty programs and the disclosure of reportable and listed transactions. To generate additional funds, state and local governments have established...
- A Tool for Initiating or Strengthening Internship Programs
A tool designed to help organizations establish productive internship programs is discussed. It is based on conversations with the tool's developer and press releases describing the product and its benefits. It also provides links to allow organizations to assess the feasibility and value of...
- Put Staff First, Clients Will Follow!
The staff shortage may be the best thing that has ever happened to the public accounting industry. It presents a tremendous opportunity for CPA firms to reinvent themselves and change the way they deliver services. One new strategy centers on one simple concept: Don't double the hours employees are ...
- A Good Time to Be a Creditor
Under the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005, conditions will become a bit friendlier for companies whose customers are declaring bankruptcy. According to section 546(c)(1) of the Bankruptcy Act, the period during which a creditor company may make a reclamation demand (r...
- Pcps Publications Win Top Honors
- Mark Your Calendars for a New Round of Pcps Practice Management Forums
- Privacy: A Priority
In response to requirements - and demands - for privacy protection, the AICPA developed a Privacy Framework and Criteria to guide members in providing privacy compliance services. The AICPA has a particularly good privacy outline available for download free of charge on its Web site. ...